If you are prepared, you will be able to save your home and other things.
Disaster may take place anywhere and anytime, and this is the reason why you have to be prepared before it takes place. Disaster can be tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, snowstorms and windstorms. Some of the disasters can take place during a certain period of a year, and others may strike during any season. The best part is that at a certain level, the Hurricanes may be predicated and this is why there are some months of a year that are known for the Hurricanes. You will not lose anything when you are prepared, and it is good if you have the right hurricane protection for your business and home. The problem with the storm is not mostly about the water, and this can be predicated easily, but it is about the wind. When there is a strong wind that comes with the storm, they are going to rip away the structures that are poorly built, and they can toss the piece of the wood or the metal like the missiles near the property. This is what will do too much damage. The window protection against a hurricane is important.
A hurricane is a tropical cyclone, and it forms the tropics, and it is accompanied by the thunderstorms or counterclockwise circulation of the wind. It takes place mostly starting June until November.
Hurricane has four different stages;
Tropical disturbance is when the clouds of the rain start (moist air will rise and will become cooler)
Tropical depression: thunderstorms (low pressure with the winds that are in the circular patterns)
Tropical Storm: 38 miles per hour wind (storm clouds with rough seas)
Hurricane: it is over 74 miles for every hour wind and it has heavy rain (a developed eye with an eye wall)
Storm surge is the water which is pushed to the shore by the wind’s force, and it will be swirling on the storm. The advanced surge may combine with normal tides to create hurricane storm tide, and it may create mean water level up to 15 feet and even more
Inland Flooding: in 30 years, the inland flooding had been responsible for half of the deaths that are caused by the tropical cyclones in the US
High winds: Hurricane can force the winds to destroy the building that is poorly built and the mobile homes. The debris that is being left out as the small items that were left outside, roofing materials and the signs turn into the flying missiles in the Hurricanes
Tornadoes: sometime the hurricanes may produce the tornadoes, and they add the destructive power to the destructive power of the storm. The tornadoes can take place in the right-front quadrant of a hurricane.
You need to be extra careful in the following situation
When the hurricane watches has been issued, and you are at the part of a coast. This is the indication that it is possible to experience the hurricane problem in 36 hours. The watch needs to be triggered by the disaster plan of your family with the proactive measures that have to be initiated for the actions that will need more time like getting the boat or leaving the barrier island.
Hurricane warning is given to a certain part of a coast. This means that the wind which is over 74mph is expected in 24 hours. When the warning is issued, the family has to be already in the process of finishing with the proactive actions or deciding on the safe place where they have to be in during that storm.
When you take some simple precautions and doing the planning with the family, you will be prepared if the disaster strikes; you are going to be able to cope in an emergency.
Preparing your home
- Look for the loose parts of the structure like fences, porches or patios that are found outside of a house. When you can shake them using your hand, you need to remove them or to secure them. Now, it is the right time that you have to get the shutters and to protect your own The openings of the home will need to have protection to keep the strong winds away and the rain out of your home. From the experience, it has been proven that when a home does not have the protected openings, it will be at great risks of getting more damage.
- The trees have to be trimmed to minimize any damage that may take place to your house or your neighbor’s house. The vehicles that are kept out maybe overturned with high winds. In case you do not have the carport or the garage, you have to locate the protected spot where you may park the car. The best location is on the leeward side of a house, and it should be away from the main force from the wind
- Check for loose electrical wiring and shaky gas connection outside and inside. Do the repairs and if you can, you should call the contractor to do it if you are not able to do it alone. If there are items that are found on the outside like the yard equipment, grills or lawn furniture, they need to be kept in the house before the storm starts. In case they are left out, they are going to be picked by the high winds, and they may be turned into deadly missiles. You have to fasten the shelves and to hang the units in your house and place items that are heavier at low shelves. You have to make sure that the mirrors, pictures and other items that hang are put away of the couches and the beds. In case they are near, they have to put down. You need to ensure that the water heater is strapped at wall studs, and another one is at the solid base.
- You have to examine the home to see if there are hurricane connectors and straps at the framing members, rafters and roof trusses. The home which does not have these protective reinforcements can be at the risk of losing a roof or walls if there is a strong force from the hurricane winds.
Equipment and supplies
- The experience from the past has taught the people that they have to get prepared so that they may live without some basic services or utilities for about a week or more during the hurricane. However, many people are not prepared to do this, and it is not that obvious that people should be prepared to go through such adventure. The best way to know what you may need is trying to live a day without using the utilities and to see a list of the things that became evident that you may need them. The parents have to try out one-day comp in with the children on some occasion. This will make everything to be less traumatic for them when it happens if they are forced living without things that they normally take just for guaranteed.
- You need to make sure that all vehicles are full of the fuel before the storm starts. You have to remember to get to ATM or banks to secure the cash because the banks may be closed for some days when there has been a severe storm. You have to keep a photo ID that shows the home address with you. This can be important if you have to ask the police officers or the National Guardsman a permission to enter the neighborhood.
Be aware of the weather report
- The weather fronts and the storms mostly the hurricanes or tornadoes can move faster. The Hurricanes can move forward with the speed of over 8 to 25 miles each hour. Even if this may be seen as slow, there are sometime that the storm can approach with over 200 miles per hour on a normal day. When the hurricane and other types of the storm get closer to your home, you have to start to monitor weather reports each hour. You do not have an excuse to be caught unaware by not taking the advantage of the coverage of the media on the weather related problems.
- Get weather updates
- Be prepared for the hurricane
- Be aware of the hurricane categories
- Get the information from US Coast Guard
- Get Hurricane Survival Kit
- Computer care
- 17 Years of Experience
- Famly Owned
- Factory Direct Pricing
- 12000+ Home Installation